OSHA 29 CFR 1926 Subpart M — Fall Protection; and 1910.23 — Guarding Floor & Wall Openings & Holes Training Certification
OSHA states that the employer shall provide a training program for each employee who might be exposed to fall hazards. The program shall enable each employee to recognize the hazards of falling and shall train each employee in the procedures to be followed in order to minimize these hazards. Falls are among the most common causes of serious work-related injuries and deaths. Employers must take measures in their workplaces to prevent employees from falling off overhead platforms, elevated work stations or into holes in the floor and walls.
- Demonstrations with Harnesses
- Lanyards, Self-retracting Lifelines, Anchor Points, etc.
- Tie-off Techniques
- Estimation of Free Fall Distance
- Application Limits
- Proper Anchoring
- Swing Fall
- Total Fall Distance to Prevent Striking a Lower Level
- Vertical and Horizontal Lifelines
- Deceleration Distance
- Equipment Inspection Process
COST: $200/person, minimum of 8. Less than 8, $1600/day. Certificate upon completion. Valid for 2 years