Course content complies with the requirements within OSHA 1926.32(f), 1926.500, 1910 ANSI/ASSE Z359.2 code, EM385-1-1 2015 standards. Additionally, this course will prepare the participant with the knowledge and skills to perform the annual inspection and record-keeping under these standards.
- Delegates are able to fulfill the role and responsibilities of the Competent Person for work at height.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of hazards and risks associated with working at heights including those found associated with work platforms and scaffolding.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge in selection and implementation of the correct control measures for the risks and hazards associated with working at heights
- Delegates are able to demonstrate correct set up, use and breakdown of fall protection and fall arrest systems.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge within written fall protection program requirements including; the creation of activity hazard analysis/safe work method statements and rescue plans.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate knowledge of hazards and required control measures associated with confined spaces and trenches/excavation entry.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate the use of hazard assessments, permits and engineered control methods (monitoring and mechanical ventilation) safe entry into recognized confined spaces and trenches.
- Delegates are able to demonstrate and correctly apply activity hazard analysis, fall protection use within material handling and hoisting operations